Thailand’s 90-day Non-Immigrant Visa is granted to foreign individuals who would like to be in the Kingdom for studies, doing business, retirement and others purposes.
As its title suggests, this type of visa is valid for 90 days starting on the date it is issued. The one granted with such visa can stay within Thailand for not more than 90 days although he can continue being in the country 7 days after the allowed 90-day period, apply for and obtain an extension of stay.
90-day Thai Visa Requirements
Applicants should be able to show that they do not possess any security or public threat and they also need to be in the country where they filed their application.
Additional requirements are as follows:
The passport should be valid for at least six (6) months starting on the day of arrival in Thailand.
- Invitation or Confirmation Letter
If invited by an organization, an invitation or confirmation letter must be presented by the applicant to affirm his intentions in visiting Thailand.
- Embassy Fee
- Other documents
The Royal Thai Embassy or consulate may ask the applicant to present additional supporting documents.
- Proof of funds
The applicant must be able to present proof of financial capacity such as bank statements.
- Travel itinerary
There are two options in filing for this visa, either by mail or personally at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate.
Benefits of having a 90-day Thai Visa
Holders of the 90-day Non-Immigrant Visa may be able to convert their current visa to one year extension of stay provided that they have met the requirements set by the other visa types with some of these Non-Immigrant Visa types can be applied within Thailand.
Mazda Makassar offers comfortable vehicles for your trip with family.
General Process in 90-day Thai Visa Application
- The applicant will have to prepare the necessary documents including the invitation letter from the inviting organization in Thailand.
- He should submit these by mail or in person at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate.
- He should then pay the applicable fees either in cash, cashier’s check or through credit card.
- The duration of visa processing would depend on the documents presented as well as on the embassy or consulate where these documents were submitted (working days are also affected by holidays and non-working days).